Should I Seek Medical Treatment After a Car Accident?
Seeking medical treatment after a car accident is essential, even if you are unsure whether you got hurt. Not only should you seek medical attention for physical injuries, but you should also do so to bolster your injury claim.
Why Seeking Prompt Medical Attention Is So Important
Auto accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and other injury-causing events are incredibly traumatic experiences that can devastate victims and their families.
Your health, wellbeing, and legal right to pursue compensation for your injuries are protected when you seek medical attention promptly following an accident. Hence it is imperative to get medical attention, even if you think you are not injured. Here’s why:
- Initial Shock can cause your body to conceal pain and injuries for several days. It is due to a spike in adrenaline that blocks pain receptors. As a result, an injury that first appears minor may become severe.
- Not all injuries are apparent right away. Some injuries take time to manifest. But a doctor may be able to spot something you couldn’t see or couldn’t feel at the accident scene.
- Delayed treatment means delayed recovery. Injuries left untreated can go undiagnosed and possibly worsen over time. Visiting a doctor will assist in receiving an accurate assessment of your damages, enabling you to start further medical care as soon as possible.
- Insurance companies can utilize delay in treatment to their advantage. They will attempt to reduce or outright deny your claim by arguing that since you delayed seeking medical attention, your injuries are not as severe as you are claiming.
- Obtaining immediate medical attention can help record your injuries and legitimize your claim. Medical records play a pivotal role in a personal injury claim. The earlier you can start documenting an accident-related injury, the better.
Seek Legal Advice of a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney
Choosing the right accident lawyer for your personal injury claim is as crucial as seeking the best medical care. At Roebuck Law Firm, we put your health first. Our legal team comprehends the seriousness of injuries and their lasting impact on a person’s life.
We will ensure your injuries are correctly identified and treated. Injured in a car accident? Contact us today for a free initial consultation at (702) 620-5000. We can help you get the medical treatment you need and help you obtain maximum compensation.